Wednesday, January 24, 2007

You are what you eat

Rascal is a snacker. We mamas are always on the lookout for "healthy" snack options, and supposedly Goldfish crackers are a safe bet.

Safe for whom?

He was eating these and some raisins. I was playing with Baby on the floor. Tweenie was off somewhere probably counting her Barbies.

It was just like in a cartoon - the part where green smoke drifts past your nose and suddenly an odor engulfed the room. We're talking a brain-numbing nostril-hair-singeing eye-watering anaphylactic-shock-inducing stench.

I held my breath as I approached him. He looked up innocently, not yet fully aware of the carnage he had wreaked. I picked him up and held him at arm's length as I carried him to the change table.

Ground Zero was a surprising sight. For all the smell there were only a few rabbity turds in his diaper, but what was really super awesome was that they were neon green. I tell you in all my years of changing diapers I have never seen anything so weird. I remembered then when he had all those Freezie-pops last summer that his poo was strangely colored too.

I cleaned him up as fast as I could and then double-bagged the diaper before putting it in the trash. I opened the window to let the room air out.

When I returned to the living room and Baby, I realized that the stink was still quite strong. I opened a few more windows, but it didn't seem to help much.

It was then I noticed that Baby had swiped some of Rascal's fishies.

1 comment:

degsies said...

neon colored fishies must be an american thing. you got any other good healthy snacks for snacky kids who refuse to eat the food put in front of them and just want sweet sugary things but still somehow manage to grow..oh, am i ranting? sorry, this is your blog not mine! :)