Tuesday, December 12, 2006

and I'm... too sexy for my shirt... so sexy it huuurts...

Our extended family has been having a run on boys - 5 in the last 2 years. Tweenie is not impressed; she really wants a sister. Unfortunately I don't know that I can do 4 kids!

I recently sat down with her to discuss this.

Tweenie: "The boys are taking over, mom! Please pleeeease can't you have another girl baby?"

Mama: "I think I'm all done with babies, honey. And besides, you might end up with another brother."

T: "Even if you think you might be done, you might even be pregnant right now."

M: "Well sweetie, that's pretty unlikely because we're being very careful."

T: "I think you could really be pregnant though."

M: "Why do you say that?"

T: "Well, for one, your tummy is kinda sticking out, like, roundish. Plus your butt is looking a bit squooshy."

M: (splutter, huffy breaths)

T: "I'm not trying to be mean or anything, because you only look a bit fat, not very really."

So there I stand in front of the mirror, sucking in my gut while Tweenie looks on curiously. She's got her elbows on the vanity and is making fishy faces while I pose. Eventually she starts to leave the bathroom but stops for one last thought.

"You know, even if you make me have another brother, you could just try again until you do have a girl. I would be willing to wait."

Good thing she's on board.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Ouch! Kids can be so brutal sometimes. But don't worry, it's not true at all. You look fabulous!

Ali Kat said...

LOL! Oh, what are we going to do with little snow pea? I miss her - please relay the message!!

Claire said...

Don't worry, Ali, I'm not offended. I actually thought it was pretty funny.

AliKat, I will tell her of course! She misses you all too. She expects that when one day you and your hubby decide to have babies, you must have at least one girl (that goes for Tantie and all other affected parties!).

Thanks for your comments, girls!