Monday, January 15, 2007

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

Today marks another occasion where I shouldn't have to do anything except enjoy myself and leave the work to others. In the past, it has also been the middle of winter...

oh wait a sec, it IS the middle of winter, though to look outside you'd never know it.


Rascal is too young to understand that mama deserves a break today, so in typical fashion he started the day by dumping chocolate pudding on the table, floor, chair, a few of his Hot Wheels, and a plastic bag for good measure. Then he smeared the whole thing around with his hands and then on himself. This picture was taken after I had already cleaned up about half of the mess.


Now that he was clean, he trotted off to the living room and somehow - I'm still shaking my head - managed to spill Danimals drinkable yogurt down his back...

As I sat down to write this post, he was watching the movie Cars. He munched on some Princess cereal and at some point realized I wasn't paying attention to his antics.

So he dumped his bowl on the floor again, but at least it was only dry cereal. I scolded him and sent him over to clean up his mess. As long as I was watching, he dutifully picked up piece by piece. The moment I turned my back to continue this post I heard the crunchcrunch-crunching of naughty little feet.

I'd take another picture, but frankly I've already done more work than I was planning to on this day...

1 comment:

Henny said...

Oh, Rascal, Rascal... What's a Mama to do? Did you cry? That's the question. I have written on my wall in those worst days when we had the beginning of 'blended family'. I consoled myself by saying, 'Just think, in 5 years from now,... Just think in 10 years from now...' Guess what? It's '10 years from now' and you kids are all out of the house and far away.(wail) Who's crying now? And it ain't even my party!(wail again)