Friday, January 26, 2007

It goes both ways

We're potty-training with Rascal ... again. Just when it seems he's on the verge of it, he loses interest and then we have to start all over.

We've been working on this since last summer.

This time around, we're back to our same old tricks - bribery, letting him run naked, and leading by example. This is where it gets amusing.

I debated today about telling you all this, but then quickly realised that any shame I may have once had was swept away during childbirth - very possibly the most shame-shedding experience of my life (but that's another story!).

So there I was, on the can, with Rascal watching intently.

"Where da peeeeeepee?" he sang out encouragingly. I obliged.

"Ahh! Hi peepee!" He was very excited.

"Mama 'tand, 'tand." He tore off some toilet paper and attempted to help me-- well, you know. I thanked him kindly but took care of it myself.

"Good mama, you good, you choklit! Okee?"

We went together to get me a chocolate chip as reward. Once there, he held out his hand patiently waiting for his chip.

I guess I forgot he gets his cut up front.

2 comments:

degsies said...

best potty advice - don't fight it. i did it the week monkey turned 3. i decided there was no going back, and we stuck it out for a day, and that was all it took. i was lucky, but i opted not to start too early and risk getting frustrated - not good for either of us.

Henny said...

I want chocolate too!