Thursday, November 09, 2006

Twit earns her keep

Anyone who is squeamish about snakes should stop reading right now!


I hate snakes, even the "good" ones like this rat snake. We now live in an area where snakes are a lot more common than at our previous address, and so I have little experience with this.

Twit to the rescue! Well, sort of.

Our screened-in porch is her room; she has her bed and food there, and does her own accessorizing. A few days ago she hauled in two dead baby mice. I can manage that.

Yesterday it was a partially eaten black snake. It was a baby, the uneaten portion was maybe 6 inches long. Unfortunately the eaten part was also there, regurged onto the floor.

Utterly revolted I returned inside with an agenda.

"Your cat left a little something in her room that requires your attention", I informed Husband and Children.

They looked at me expectantly, but when I handed the paper towel over, they knew I wouldn't relent. With a sigh of resignation, Husband shuffled off to clean it up. I smiled triumphantly, reveling in my small victory.

Husband came back moments later with that thing, saying, "You see, it's just a baby, it's no big deal." My scowl sent him over to the outdoor trashcan.

So even though his impudence momentarily landed Husband in the doghouse, Twit was permitted to sleep beside my bed last night. But she still isn't allowed to lick me with her snake-breath tongue!

1 comment:

Ali said...

GROSS!!!!