Friday, November 03, 2006

Rascal's Revenge

Steve Urkel famously asked, "Did I do that?"

Today I made the mistake of giving Rascal orange juice with floaties. But in my defense, this brand has the floaties chopped up so tiny that they are invisible to the naked eye. Unfortunately his tongue uncovered my deviousness.

So Rascal was ticked at me. When he gets mad, he roars like a dinosaur. He roared "YUCKY!" at me during breakfast and refused to eat his cereal. In response, I put him in Time Out where he quickly decided that his interests could be most easily pursued while not in Time Out. He behaved for a while.

Then Baby began to stink.

"Poop, poop!" hollered Rascal.

We went to change Baby's diaper. Rascal had an epiphany while we were there.

Later, I took Baby to the living room to play, assuming Rascal would come too. He didn't, and after a few minutes of silence I had a bad feeling.

I found him perched on the change table smearing Vaseline in his hair. Do you have any idea how hard it is to clean that mess up? The good news is that I've had experience with this, because this isn't the first time he's done it.

Of course I scolded him thoroughly as I wiped him down.

He looks at me calmly and says, "What?"

No comments: