Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Rah rah rah!

Tweenie started cheerleading this week and is very excited about it. We had the first practice/orientation and received her uniform, pompoms and megaphone.

There are 9 girls on her squad aged 6-8. The squealing was deafening! Husband was at a business dinner so I had to drag the little boys with me. Rascal was quite overwhelmed and uncharacteristically quiet.

So much estrogen--I can't blame him!

The car ride home was a steady narrative from Tweenie about who she knows on the squad, whether I would buy spangly sparkly new sneakers to match her uniform, and exclamations of "This is the BEST DAY of my Life!" Much of this information was delivered via megaphone.

I quickly invented a rule about megaphone use indoors.

"The problem with a megaphone is that it makes your voice much louder and hurts our ears. It's used on the court to get the audience and team's attention, and so I think you should save it for those occasions."

At home Tweenie pranced around in her uniform shaking her pompoms and making a general ruckus. Eventually the megaphone came out and I had to put a stop to it.

"What did I tell you about that megaphone?"

"Thaaaaaaat... it works?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is so cute. I can totally picture it.