Saturday, April 28, 2007

Cruisin'

Rascal went for a yaykit motorcycle ride today.

Here I'm muddily planting away in my flower bed and I hear the hum of his Power Wheels Harley Davidson in the background. This is nothing new. He loves that thing so much, we're already on set #2 of batteries and charger.

Eventually though, I hear him heading up the driveway toward the street. I take my time standing, brushing off the dirt from my shorts and drink a swig of water. As I lift the bottle to my lips, I glance over and see Mr. Yaykit roaring and laughing as the bike putts down the street.

I went chasing after him, the clods of mud flying off my rubber boots and splashing water from the bottle with every jolting stride. When I caught up to him, I could see his baby fat jiggling as the wheels rolled over gravel.

I took a picture, but I won't share it with you today. I'm saving it for his wedding.

3 comments:

Ali Kat said...

Fantastic! Guess he takes after his uncle with wanting to wear as little clothes as possible :D

Ali said...

oh, that's so hilarious!

Henny said...

We now have new words that put whole new lights on things! I'm waiting for a Rascalian dictionary.