Friday, March 21, 2008

Recent goings-on at Mama's house (and it's not even lunchtime yet)

Nemo Band-Aids: 100% ketchup-soaking guarantee

Rascal: "Mama, dere's ketchup on my footie."

Mama: "You have a boo-boo, and that's not ketchup. It's... um... oh, right. That's ketchup."

It occurred to me (belatedly) that I had made such comments in the past like It doesn't hurt that badly, right? It's not even bleeding!

Thus, pointing out a bloody scrape will almost certainly lead to unnecessary screeching. In this case, he had been picking at a ragged toenail. I reached over and quickly snatched it off, wanting to prevent the drama and pain of a more gradual removal.

Later, on the phone to Husband: "Mama breaked my footie, and now dere's ketchup on it."

Husband: "Can I speak to Mama real quick?"

Just now I was trying to load a CD-ROM on my laptop when I noticed Kye's half-disintegrated Flintstone vitamin jammed inside. The boys have been rebelling against my switch from Gummy Vites to Flintstones since the last Costco coupon book came out. (Hey, they're the #1 Pediatricians' Choice! And who am I to argue with authority, or at least the stuff that those marketing folks wrote on the box?)

Maybe it would help if they knew who the Flintstones are, but we are cheapskates and only have crappy basic cable. Their TV choices are limited to whatever PBS is running (which is in my opinion probably a good problem to have).











Let's review: Flintstones bad, Gummy Vites gooooooood.


So now it's 10 am and we have an Easter egg hunt to attend. Toodles!

1 comment:

Henny said...

and what did husband say...