Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Stupid Idea #2

Pretty soon I may be the proud tolerant idiotic "best mom ever" owner of one of these bad boys.

Much later today (seeing as it's already tomorrow and instead of sleeping I'm here on blogger) we will be leaving our house and driving what is sure to be 10 quiet, adult-conversation-filled, wonderful hours all the way to Orlando.

Yeah right. These are the conversations I actually expect:

"I spy with my little eye, something that iiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssss, uhhhhhhh, iiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss...."

"No, we are not watching Christmas of Enchantment."

"Who farted?"

"Babe, will you just please look at this mapquest printout?"

"I don't care who started it, 'cause I'm certainly gonna end it!"

"That's it-- you are ALL going to the restroom."

When we relocated last year, a major selling point with Tweenie was that we were about 1500 miles closer to DisneyWorld. That was 17 months and one baby ago. She's starting to get a little ticked.

Finally we stopped waiting for "a convenient time" and "enough money", knowing all along deep down that such a cosmic convergence simply won't happen. We're off to visit the (shudder) Happiest Place on Earth. After a day at the Magic Kingdom stalking princesses and unloading our van payment on worthless souvenirs, we head further south to the Keys for 3 days of avoiding sharks, alligators, and hurricanes.

This northern prairie gal ain't scared of black bears but is petrified of the beautiful state of Florida. The entire state. I'm also paranoid about skin cancer. What a fab idea this was! Does anyone know where you can buy SPF1000?

Oh, and this is all a huge surprise for Tweenie. This afternoon I shipped all the kids off to my friend's house so I could pack secretly. A good move too, because I was told Rascal had an agusting 'tinky twice in one hour. Which I for once didn't have to clean up. I love my friend, but I'm pretty sure she hates my guts now.

So basically the plan is to have a nice couple of days away together and quite possibly chuck Husband's Blackberry in the Atlantic if it intrudes too often. As I said, that's the plan...

What was Stupid Idea #1? Stay tuned, I'll be telling you that story soon.

3 comments:

Ali Kat said...

Hey, have you ever even been to Disney?!? Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. You guys will have a blast - thought I know if I was going with three kids, I'd take a Nanny, too!! Make sure to take lots of pics and have lots of fun!

Princess Banter said...

Disney can surprisingly be enjoyable even for adults. When I first went, I think my parents enjoyed more than I did :P Give it a fair chance. Mickey Mouse may be the biggest sell out in the world... but hey, who says you can't bask in the millions of dollars good ol' uncle Walt has established?

Claire said...

ok ok, you were both right. I actually had a really good time! We didn't even have time to see everything; I didn't expect it to be so big.