Saturday, May 26, 2007

Rascal logic

"Dat agusting, mama!"

Agusting. Rascal's word du jour, usually delivered with hysterical laughing and pointing. Although we've completed the main potty-training stage, there are still many accidents. Current "wisdom" says parents should simply disregard undesirable behavior because reactions (either positive or negative) validate it.

Whatever!

I can't stop myself from at least informing Rascal how gross stripping soiled underwear and pants off wriggling legs is to me in the hopes that he will be sufficiently repulsed and do his nasty on the potty for a change. I can dream, can't I?

The upside is that Rascal now finds poopy accidents agusting. The downside?

"Mama, me no eat. Dat agusting!" Giggling at his pile of mashed potatoes.

"Mama, Kye have 'tinky. Dat agusting!" Shrieking with delight when Kye farts.

"Mama, no clothes. I yaykit. Dat agusting!" Remember, he prefers more casual attire.

"Mama, you no yaykit. Dat agusting!"

Uh, wait a sec...

1 comment:

Henny said...

New word for gamma to use!!