Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Various comments heard around Mama's house

Rascal (brandishing a whisk): "I keel you! I keel you! You keel my favver, prepare to dieeeeee!" We need to hide The Princess Bride for a little while I think.

Actually, we all love that movie. Unfortunately, we may be more like Miracle Max and Valerie than Westley and Buttercup (although arguably, Valerie is much smarter - so there). As in:

Husband: "I'm not eating that." Referring to the Cashew Chicken I made last night. I may have gone a little heavy on the veggie component.

Mama: "That'll be one 'No Thank-You helping' for Daddy."

Other comments that could be really interesting, when taken out of context...

Kye (who up until about 2 weeks ago could barely speak at all): "Come, Mama. We be 'aked." Think naked, without the 'n'. This is how he asks to go in the shower with me.

Tweenie: "I would rather walk around stark naked." Referring to a very cute sweater given by a loving friend last Christmas. It's warm, and as a mom this is my only criterion. So what if she looks like Strawberry Shortcake?

Remember this the next time you're at Wal-Mart and hear some outrageous comment. There's always a back story.

No comments: