Saturday, November 24, 2007

WebKinz. Need I say more?

A few nights ago Tweenie was surfing Amazon.

"Guess what, Mom? There are 61 WebKinz including the retired ones."

Mama (absently flicking through a Sephora catalog): "um-hmm."

After a while, she pipes up again: "Hey Mom! There are 53 not including the retired ones!"

I saw a nerdy teaching moment and lunged for it. "OK, so let's figure out how many WebKinz are retired!"

"I'll check!" She scrolled excitedly through the list.

M: "Sweetie, I meant let's figure it out with math!"

T: "That's OK, I like counting them online. It'll help with my Christmas list anyway."

M: "Yes, but let's first do the calculation. 61 minus 53 wou--"

T: "The math sounds fine but I'll go count, just to be sure!"

M (getting irritated): "It's ok, you don't need to check!!"

T: "But I like to!"

I rolled my eyes and started unloading the dishwasher. Rascal wandered by. "Kinz!!"

T: "Ya! Now we count the Lil'Kinz together, OK?" Then in a triumphant aside to me: "See Mom? I'm teaching him how to count."

I really need to clear my browser history and bookmarks, it seems.

3 comments:

Ali Kat said...

Tweenie's hair is sooooooo long! I miss you guys :'(

Henny said...

I have the whole list of which ones Tweenie wants for Christmas. We had a wonderful time talking about these little toys.

Anonymous said...

My five-year-old son mentioned Webkinz for the first time yesterday. I am afraid!