Wednesday, May 30, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance?

We had the pleasure of attending the PTA program last night; 100 or so remarkably well-behaved 2nd graders, assorted staff members and PTA-ers, and bleachers-full of fanning sweating parents and younger siblings.

What could have been a most odious evening in a non-climate controlled box of gymnasium was surprisingly entertaining.

Each class had to present a choreographed dance and then they combined to shake their groove thang to the Macarena and several other numbers. Their gym teacher must have quite the sense of humor because those kids had moves! They actually know how to do the sprinkler move, which despite my swell style I haven't yet mastered. The John-Travolta-eye thing, the putcha-hands-ina-air (whoo whoo), even air guitar; I tell ya, these kids were cool!

Any time I try gettin' jiggy wid it I get shouted down and banished from wherever the music is playing. Sheesh, my kids haven't even reached double-digits yet and already I embarrass them.

(evil laugh)

1 comment:

Henny said...

I would have loved to have seen it! The moves you are talking of are ones I don't know, but I'm sure they were squeelin' funny!