Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Incapacitated... and the results thereof


We had a nasty stomach bug

**Update: ... and sinus thingy...**

run rampant through our family this week, which is why I haven't posted in a while. We're on the rebound now but dealing with the fallout: 18 loads of laundry, 46 doorknobs and light switches to Clorox, and planning a trip to Costco for more Kleenex (on the upside, we were able to collect a lot of BoxTop$ this week).

Husband took off on Friday for a Guys' Weekend Away to watch ACC Basketball's March Madness and drink beer away from wives' watchful eyes. That morning, Rascal started off our run with the flu.

It took 24 hours for the rest of us to catch up, and in that time Kye, Tweenie, and I were sick together while Rascal was well on his way to recovery. A recipe for disaster. Luckily/unluckily, Husband arrived home refreshed and plunged into the maelstrom with vigor. The next day, he was fighting me for the best porcelain in the house.

As I shlumped weakly around the house cleaning up accident after accident, Rascal's return burst of energy was more than I was willing to deal with. I rationalized every lack of response with the thought that I didn't have the strength or even desire to bother with discipline. I should have anticipated that this would yank us back to Square One.

I could go into detail about all the ways Rota and Rhino (the viruses, people) made our lives miserable, but frankly most of those details would involve various bodily fluids, scents, and sound effects better left undescribed. As we pull out of this week-long drama, Rascal is the only one in perfect health (convenient, no?) while Tweenie's just achy enough to squeeze a few days away from school. I have that cough where you know you'd better not start because it'll keep going for at least 5 minutes, leaving you with a red, teary face and suspicions of incontinence.

Have I said too much? I'll just leave it at that, then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor Wench. You look rough. Big hugs!